Sooo my parents are gone and I'm not happy about it. I can't even tell you how great it was to have them here. We had such a blast and I'm really missing them something fierce but hopefully we'll be able to visit again soon.
Life around here, other than having visitors, has been pretty darn normal. Errands and chores and being parents and getting into arguments because I'm super irritable (though working out has helped my pissy moods lately) and oh yea working out.
I put my music stuff on hold while the 'rents were here because I don't like recording when people are around. Not even Derek... so I cram all of that in when Rowan's napping and try to write a little even when she's up.
Other than the album there are some things I'm wanting to do:
- Color/cut my hair again. It's been way too long and I think I might even add some crazy streaks.
- Get another tattoo. Sorry mom.
- Work out harder. I bought some sweet new kicks and I plan on running them into the ground.
- Have a themed party. We used to have at least one good party a month but we haven't had one since our Mad Men party and that equals withdrawals.
- Watch season 2 (the episodes that are out that is) of Downton Abbey online. I plowed through the first season on Netflix with my mom and I'm obsessed. P.S. Speaking of shows I'm obsessed with, Mad Men's back out in March and I have my Whiskey Sour ready!
- Give this blog a makeover.
- Finish some changes I've been making to Rowan's nursery.
- Redecorate our living room 'cause I'm over it. We never "finished" the living room anyway but I just need a change because it's the one room in the house I've never really loved.
- Blog more often again. I used to be an every day blogger and now I'm turning into a practically never blogger. I mentioned in this post that I'd gotten my priorities straight when it came to blogging/the internet but I changed my mind. Must. Balance. A. Bit. Better.
So that's what's up.
Here are some pictures of my life lately: