I thought I'd share with you all some things that I've been loving lately. It's the end of March (HOW?!) and I feel like I've fallen in love with a bunch of random things over the last few weeks so here they are:
- My faux leather skirt (pictured above). It's pleated but not in that why where your hips look 6 inches wider and that's a big deal for me since I have wider hips. Found it at forever21.
- The "Little Things Forever" app. This game is free and seriously addictive if you like things like "Where's Waldo?"... don't say I didn't warn you!
- The CW show "The Carrie Diaries." It's just adorable.
- Liquid eyeliner. Being the eyeliner kinda gal that I am, I'm genuinely shocked and feel stupid that I had never tried liquid liner until recently. I guess it just sounded intimidating and I figured it would be too difficult to achieve straight lines, but with all the new convenient products out now I'm happy to report that I was so so wrong. I've been using a cheap one from Almay but just picked up a "marker" type liner from Revlon to try out.
- The "Relax Melodies" sleep sounds app. It's also free and I love it. My sister has been using various sleep sounds and sleep hypnosis apps to help her pass out and although I don't have any trouble falling asleep, I'm now obsessed with using it every night. It's soothing and I've found that it helps Rowan to fall asleep as well. Bonus points.
- Reading every day. I've been reading a lot more than usual for the past few years but since January alone I've read almost 14 books. It's been my nightly routine, replacing my usual tv shows, and has become my favorite thing to do during my me-time.
- My friend Julia's german chocolate cupcakes. She made some from scratch for Derek's recent 30th birthday and they are so freakin' good I've been eating the leftovers for lunch for the past week. I'm obsessed. I wish I could eat them every day for the rest of my life. Sorry, don't have her recipe.
- The Starbucks app. I can't believe I didn't download this sooner since I'm a loyal customer and have been for at least the past 6 years (I even used to work there) and since I've become a gold card holder I get a free drink or food item every 12 drinks (or just purchases in general). To think of all those free drinks I could've been getting all of these years...
Anyway it's very convenient because you can load/reload your card right from your phone and the cashier scans your phone to pay. I feel like everyone already knows this and I'm the person that's been living under a rock, but just in case you were somewhere under that rock with me, now you know.
- Caitlin's impending visit. We met here online, mostly through blogging, but became fast friends via twitter (when I had a twitter account) and eventually started having Skype dates that led to true girl love. She's a cool one, that Caitlin. I can't wait to show her around Hawaii and finally party it up in person. We've had virtual cocktails and taken virtual shots, but now we can take it to the next level. Shenanigans galore for a week in April.
So that's about it for now. I'll probably do another one of these in a few months when I've started obsessing over a million other new things but until then, I'll try to blog more often. I know that I've been a shitty blogger but I think every blogger goes through a phase like this. I just haven't been bringing my Canon out with me or had a real urge to post about anything.. and the last thing I want to do is throw out a bunch of forced posts just to say that I did it. Hopefully I can get my act together soon.. ❤