December 09, 2016
All Things Rowan
It’s been a while since I’ve updated the blog on all things Rowan. Here are some of the highlights:
• She is still obsessed with My Little Pony and has quite the collection of them. Her favorite is Rainbow Dash.
• She’s lost three teeth so far. Both bottom middle teeth and the one next to her bottom middle left tooth.
• She’s doing great in Kindergarten and a little birdie told me that she was one of her teacher’s favorite students. She’s starting to read and I think she’s already better at math than I am.
• She’s a cautious little lady like her mama.
• Her current favorite songs are:
- “How Far I’ll Go” from the movie Moana
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling”, “Get Back Up Again” & “What U Workin’ With?” from the movie Trolls
- “Harmony” which is the theme song from the show Skylanders Academy on Netflix.
and she makes us play these songs on repeat in the car until we all go mad.
• She remember’s everything. Down to the smallest of details.
• She has me sing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to her over and over again until she falls asleep almost every night.
• Some names that she likes for her baby sister are Diamond Rose, Rosie, Sparkle and Lily. Oh and I can’t forget her favorite suggestion, Poops Mcgee.
• Any time she sees something that she wants for Christmas she just yells out into the great unknown “Santa can you get this for me?!” because she knows that he’s “always watching” so she doesn’t need to write out a list. Just yells it when it comes to mind.
• She has the cutest freckles of all time under her eyes.
• She’s a goofball.
• Her favorite food is pepperoni pizza.
• Rowan and her best friends at school are constantly making/bringing gifts in to class to trade with one another and hold hands to and from class if we all walk in/out at the same time. It’s been really cute watching her with her schoolmates. She’s growing up so fast.
• Her favorite color is still pink but sometimes she’ll say it’s “rainbow”.
• She calls butterflies “blutterflies”, pills “peels”, freezing “fweezing” and still doesn’t say her “r’s” perfectly clear which is probably the last part of her that makes her still seem “little” and not a full blown big kid.
• She can sing on key, has vibrato and can definitely keep at beat. Looks like we passed on some musical genes. She still doesn’t like to sing in front of people often but I was the exact same way as a child and I know she’ll grow out of it.
• She can snap her fingers and whistle. We’re now working on blowing bubblegum bubbles.
That’s all for now but I will be posting more updates like this in the future. Until then!